Websites have an important role in the journey of a business, organization, and even an individual. To create it, you need a special platform. Of the many options available, WordPress is one of the most widely used platforms. It’s just that not everyone knows how to create a website with WordPress. In this tutorial, we will discuss more deeply the process of creating it from determining the niche to installing plugins.
Starting Your Online Journey with WordPress
As a beginner, for example, what do you have in mind when reading an article on how to create a website on WordPress? It could be that you are imagining how difficult the process is to go through. Even though as a content management system, WordPress has made it easy for every user who wants to create a website. Just follow the guide we outline below. We guarantee that your website can be online in just a matter of hours.
Determine the Type of Website and Niche (Topic)
The first and most important step before creating a website with WordPress is to determine the type of website – it can be a blog, ecommerce site, company profile, etc.
If you are creating a personal website, choose a specific topic that is the main focus. In other words, choose a theme (niche) for the content to be created.
Website topics are very diverse, ranging from photography, travel stories, to culinary. Choose a topic that you are really happy about. Doing something that has become a hobby and love will certainly not feel burdensome, right? What’s more, the website is a long-term project. Don’t let it be halfway through you feel burdened.
After determining the niche to be used, think about the main goals you want to achieve through the website. Are you planning to create a website because you want to make money online? Or do you create a website because you just want to fill your spare time? No matter which goal is chosen, you need to be consistent to the end.
Consider the audience group that will be the target of the content or website. Ask yourself this question: who will later obtain benefits and solutions after reading my writing? By knowing the target audience, you can more easily determine the format, style, and tone of writing.
Create a Domain Name
The second step that is no less important is to create a domain name. A domain name represents your brand and website. Therefore, in the manufacture, you should carefully consider them and choose carefully.
What do you think Wikipedia, YouTube, and Netflix have in common? These three services have short and unique names and are easy to remember, pronounce, and type in the web browser field. It is this concept that you should always keep in mind when creating a domain name. You don’t want, right, a website to be empty of visitors because the name is difficult to remember and type?
If you run out of ideas, use a special tool to create domain names that are widely spread on the internet.
After finding the right name, check its availability and register it immediately. At A2 Hosting, we offer many cheap domains, such as .xyz, .online, and .store that cost under $.99 and .com at a price of $10
Choose Web Hosting
To create a website with WordPress, you need a web hosting platform. Before deciding which web hosting service to use, you need to know and consider some of the points below:
What you need – how many resources the website needs, what and how you plan for the next 12 months, and whether you intend to grow your site and gain more traffic.
High uptime – the website continues to operate 24/7/365 and does not go down often. It is important that you choose a web hosting service with stable uptime and servers.
Customer support – if the website is down or experiencing problems, you can ask for help from the customer support team.
Easy to use – not all website owners have a background in the world of programming. Therefore, it is better for hosting services to have a control panel that is easy to use.
Friendly pricing – the website is a long-term project. Therefore, you must calculate the amount of costs that will be incurred. Don’t waste money on hosting that can’t meet your needs.
Reddit web hosting recommendation : Best web hosting Reddit
If you choose A2 web hosting, the five points above are no longer a cause for concern. For years A2 web hosting has been known as a quality hosting provider with friendly prices. You can also get customer assistance not only from email, but also live chat. You can connect with the right agent in less than a minute.
Here’s the price list of hosting plans A2 web hosting offers:
Installing WordPress can be done easily and quickly through A2 hosting’s control panel. Here are the steps:
- After logging into the A2 hosting dashboard panel, click on the Auto-Installer icon.
- Find and click the WordPress icon.
- Enter the important information below:
- URL – the domain or address of the registered WordPress website.
- Language – choose the primary language for the WordPress website.
- Administrator Username – the username used to log in to the WordPress dashboard.
- Administrator Password – the password used to log in to the Admin area of WordPress.
- Email administrator – provide an active email address for the purposes of email notifications (notifications) and reset the password.
- Website Title – the title or name of your website.
- Website Tagline – a slogan or a brief description of your website.
- Click the Install button.
Choose a Theme
How to create a WordPress website does not stop at the installation step. You have to choose a theme to make the website look more attractive and functional.
No matter what type of blog or website you choose, everything needs a layout and theme. An ecommerce site, for example, requires a more complex web design than a blog design.
Well, one of the advantages of WordPress is that it has a collection of themes for all types of websites. Some themes are free, some are paid. Zakra, Shapely, and Flash are three examples of free themes. Meanwhile, Uncode, Divi, and X are examples of paid themes we recommend.
Search for and select the desired theme in the WordPress theme gallery. If you need additional info about a free theme or template, check out this article.
To install the theme, log in to the WordPress Dashboard and hover over the Appearance tab. Select Themes and click Add New. Find the desired WordPress theme, then hover over the center of the theme, and click the Install button.
Please read install WordPress themes if you need the most complete and detailed tutorial.
If you’re creating a web with WordPress, you’ll also need to select and install the necessary plugins. WordPress has a number of plugins that support and enhance site functionality, such as the ability to add admins, website protection and security, and so on.
Here are some examples of WordPress plugins:
- WooCommerce – plugin for creating web online stores. The right choice for online businesses who want to sell their products or services on a WordPress-based website.
- Yoast SEO – one of the best plugins for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Write and publish quality and search engine optimized content.
- W3 Total Cache – when visitors open your website for the umpteenth time, they no longer have to wait. The website will load quickly in the visitor’s browser.
- Keyy Two Factor Authentication – this plugin will secure and protect your website from unauthorized access. A confirmation notification will be sent through the secondary device.
How to install plugins:
- Click the Plugins option that you can find in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click the Add New button at the top of the page.
- Type the keyword or name of the plugin you want in the search field. After that, click the Install New button next to the plugin. If you have previously downloaded the plugin, click Upload Plugin. Select Choose File to add the plugin from your computer, then click Install Now.
- To activate the plugin after the successful installation process, click on Activate Plugin.
For more information on how to install WordPress plugins, please read this article.
What’s the Next Step?
Easy, isn’t it, how to create a website with WordPress?
Well, the next step you have to take to make the online journey feel more challenging but fun is to build an audience. In other words, create a website that is able to bring traffic. To make this happen, start by promoting the website on social media platforms and writing good content on a regular basis.
Install the Google Analytics plugin to track the progress of your WordPress website.
Observe the status and state of the website and get to know the content reader. If you already know how people access and use your site, traffic can be increased easily and quickly.
Always make sure your WordPress website and its elements are present in the latest version. Don’t miss out on maintenance information for themes and plugins as well as WordPress as a whole. That way, you can get satisfactory website performance, bugs fixed, new features added, and an improved security system.
Now you know how to create a website on WordPress. The process is not complicated, right? Although there are indeed many things you need to know and do. Here are the 6 steps to creating a website with WordPress that we summarize for you:
- Determine the type of website and niche (topic) – choose a niche, set a website creation goal, and set a target audience.
- Create a domain name – short, simple, and memorable.
- Choose web hosting – A2 hosting offers affordable web hosting plans.
- Install WordPress – install WordPress via A2 hosting’s control panel.
- Choose a theme – customize the look of the site with the content you create. Choose a unique and attractive WordPress theme.
- Install plugins – enhance website functionality with the use of WordPress plugins.
It’s time to create a website with WordPress and make it the starting point for your success in the online world!